Tracy Porter, Executive Vice President of CMC Operations for Commercial Metals, and Chairman of the SMA, testified at today’s Congressional Steel Caucus hearing. The purpose of the hearing was to to discuss significant national infrastructure projects and other matters of interest to the domestic steel industry.
Mr. Porter’s testimony focused on the need for expanded infrastructure investment, as well as the importance of trade law enforcement. A copy of his statement is available here.
The full list of witnesses included:
· Roger Newport, CEO, AK Steel Corporation
· Tracy Porter, Executive Vice President – CMC Operations, Commercial Metals Company
· Edward Vore, CEO, ArcelorMittal Tubular Products
· Terrence Hartford, Vice President, ATI Defense
· Tom Conway, International Vice President, United Steelworkers
· Scott Paul, President, Alliance for American Manufacturing
· Bryan Clark, Senior Fellow, Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments
Congressional Steel Caucus Chairman Tim Murphy (R-PA) concluded: “This year’s hearing was a great success. I look forward to continue working with President Trump and the Steel Caucus to bring back steel and manufacturing jobs to the U.S., undo the terrible deals of the past and put our domestic steel economy on sound footing to keep it Made in America, especially as it relates to U.S. national security.”